The COVID-19/Coronavirus situation is ever changing and we find ourselves in unprecedented times that none of us could have predicted.
Whilst your own health and that of your families is no doubt your primary concern, at Baumit we are also acutely aware that these are challenging times within business too.
I have worked in the construction industry for 20 years and have seen many changes, not least the impact of the 2008 recession and in these ever-changing times Coronavirus has the potential to seriously impact the construction industry.
During this time I have had many customers, a number of which I consider to be personal friends, and high up my list of priorities is how we can support you all. We appreciate that a high proportion of our customers are owner managed companies or self-employed and continuing to be able to work where possible is your livelihood.
We will not compromise the health and safety or our staff or customers, but I feel that if we follow the government guidelines and apply a good dose of common sense, we will be able to continue to supply you with products for as long as the government guidelines allow.
At this point I wanted to share with you some of the measures we are taking to provide continuity of supply and business operations.
- Strictly following the government guidelines regarding 'social distancing' and hygiene
- Going one step further with this by physically separating the activities of the office and warehouse
- Keeping in constant communication to best understand the situation from your
- Increase our stock levels to allow for any potential disruption in the supply chain - our supplying factories continue to operate as close to normal as possible at present
- Liaising with our hauliers to understanding the changing situation from their perspective - it is our understanding the pallet network will continue to operate in line with our activities
- We are fully prepared for all staff (with the exception on those dispatching goods) to work from home
- Offering contactless deliveries and collections upon request - including paperwork
- Postponement of training courses until further notice
Finally, I would like to wish you all the best during these difficult times and thank you for your loyalty and support.
Please follow the advice of the government and first and foremost keep yourself and your families happy and healthy.